e-waste recycling event
Click on the logo for what items can be picked up for April 12th at the public works building from 7 am to 5 pm located at 2600 Old greentree Road, Scott Twp
Commercial/Municipal Institutional Annual Recycling Report - Click here to download in PDF format.Notice of Recycling News - Click here to download in PDF format.Ordinance 1307-90 - Click here to download in PDF format.Ordinance 1336-91 - Click here to download in PDF format.
Scott Township is mandated by Act 101 to remind residents about the requirements of our recycling programs every six months. The following charts outline proper recycling procedures:
The Township provides blue recycling bins for residents’ recyclables. Place your blue recycling bin out with your trash to be picked up every other week by Allied Waste. Garbage cans and other containers for garbage and recycling may not be placed at curbside until 5:00 pm the previous day of scheduled collection. Containers must be removed from curbside by 9:00 pm of scheduled collection day.
Material NOT Recyclable Recyclable Preparation Glass
Plate glass, light and flourescent bulbs and crystals
Glass bottles and jars
Rinse, remove metal rings with awl, screwdriver or needle nose pliers
Metal beverage and food cans
Plastics #1 through #7
Paper from news, magazines, junk mail, dry non-coated food paper, boxboard, small flat pieces of corrugated cardboard box material
Scott Township Ordinance No. 1307-90 requires businesses to recycle the following items:
Corrugated Paper (cardboard)
Leaf Waste (leaves, shrubbery, and similar materials)
REPORTING (due every year by January 31st)
Scott Township Ordinance No. 1307-90 also requires business to report to the Township the amount of materials they recycle each year. Failure to report may result in penalty.
In place of the Township Annual Recycling Report form, the Township will accept a letter or statement from the recycling hauler that certifies recycling material is being collected from your business and provides the total amount of material recycled. Contact your hauler to determine if they are currently submitting this information to the Township.
Completing the Annual Recycling Report Form
1. Fill out your establishment's contact information and sections' one, two and three. Then sign and date the bottom.
2. Contact your recycling hauler and sent them the Report form.
3. Have your recycling hauler fill out the tonnage of the materials your business recycled on the second page. The hauler must sign and date the bottom of the first page. (If material recycled is less than one ton, round to the closest quarter of a ton.)
4. Once completed, have your hauler mail or fax the form back to your establishment.
5. Submit the completed Annual Recycling Report to Scott Township by January 31st.
For questions regarding the Report form or to request additional copies, call 412-276-5300.