Authority for The Library Board of Directors
If you need to reach a board member leave a message with the library staff. 412.429.5380
The Scott Township Public Library Board is composed of 5-7 appointed members. The Trustees are appointed by the Commissioners.
Meetings are open to the public.
Where: The Small Meeting Room in the Municipal Building.
When: 6:30 PM – 2nd Monday of the month
Interested in becoming a Board Member?
1. You could be our new board member!
o Are you interested in the library and its future?
o You must be a resident of Scott Township or live in an adjacent community which does not have a library.
2. Time Frame:
o The term is for three (3) years.
o The meetings are usually the 2nd Monday of each month at the Township’s Municipal Building.
3. Your application should include a cover letter & resume stating your:
o Interest in the position,
o Background, and
o Qualifications to serve.
4. The review process:
o Submit application to the Library Board. (Send your information to the Director who will give it to the board.)
o Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating & Board Development Committee.
o Recommendations are made to the Scott Township Board of Commissioners.
o The Commissioners approve the nomination and then you are on the board!
5. If you are interested in serving please send a letter of application to:
Scott Township Public Library c/o The Library Director 301 Lindsay Road Scott Township, PA 15106
What does the Board do?
The Board has the final say in the financial matters of the library.
• The Library Board is responsible for setting the mission, vision, and strategic plan for the library. They are interested in the future direction of the library.
• The Library Board plays a key role in advocating & fundraising for the library.
• Trustees help hone the policies of the library. Policy topics cover a wide range of topics.
Make a difference—become involved! Join the Scott Township Public Library Board of Directors.
Township of Scott: Ordinance No. 1514-02