Waste Management Phone Number – 1-800-866-4460
To see the 2022 Scott Township garbage and recycling schedule, click HERE!
Regular Curbside Collection:Garbage and refuse should be placed at the curb after 5:00 PM on Sunday and before 6:00 AM on Monday for collection.
Guidelines for Collection:
- Garbage should be in property secured containers or plastic bags
- One large item including all furniture items, appliances, household goods and disassembled children’s swing sets will be accepted at curbside per week
- Carpet should be rolled and tied in lengths not to exceed 48″ so that one man can lift
- Empty paint cans and/or dried paint is acceptable. Paint can be dried by air drying or soaking up with newspaper or kitty litter. Lids should be left off
- Building materials may be picked up for a fee by calling Waste Management at 1-800-866-4460
- Automobile parts, including wheels, rims and tires
- Trees and branches
- Ashes from furnaces and fireplaces
- Stones and dirt, liquid paint
Residential Curbside Recycling PickupScott Township is mandated by Act 101 to remind residents about the requirements of our recycling programs every six months. The following charts outline proper recycling procedures: The Township provides blue recycling bins for residents’ recyclables. Place your blue recycling bin out with your trash to be picked up every other week by Allied Waste. Garbage cans and other containers for garbage and recycling may not be placed at curbside until 5:00 pm the previous day of scheduled collection. Containers must be removed from curbside by 9:00 pm of scheduled collection day. Waste Management will continue to pick-up all household rubbish on Monday’s.
The items they will NOT pick-up are:
- Building Materials
- Auto body parts
- Medical waste
- More than one large item (ie., couch, sofa, etc. – call to schedule special pick-up)
Questions Regarding Refuse or Recycling Collection Call: Waste Management of PA at 1-800-866·4460.