Waste Management Phone Number – 1-800-866-4460
The South Hills Area Council of Governments has issued rules changes for recycling that took effect on January 1st, 2019. Recyclable items now include clean and dry aluminum cans, tin cans, plastic Type 1 PET and Type 2 HDPE, newspaper, mixed paper and corrugated cardboard.
EXCLUDED ITEMS are film such as bags or film (wrap) of any type, plastics Type 3 through and including Type 7, black PET trays or food trays of any type, plastic items such as, but not limited to flower pots, vinyl siding, records or VCR tapes, metal, foil or non-can items such as lawnmower blades, dog chains, car motors and brake pads, styrofoam, rubber products such as hoses, tires and balls, and glass of any type.
Included and excluded items are subject to change.
To see the Scott Township scheduled pickup calendar for both garbage and recycling.. click HERE!
To see the Waste Management postcard issued to South Hills residents.. click HERE!
To see a recycling factsheet.. click HERE!
To see a recycling and common contamination information poster... click HERE!
For a brief summary of the changes in recycling that occurred in 2019... click HERE!
Appliances Containing Refrigerant:The contractor will collect such items as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, water coolers, etc.; however, the item must have a sticker certifying that refrigerant has been removed. If it does not have the sticker, it will not be picked up because it is unlawful for the contractor to dispose of these items containing refrigerant. To save refrigerant removal costs, it is suggested that residents have the company delivering the new appliance dispose of the old appliance.
Annual Recycling Report Form
- Fill out your establishment’s contact information and sections’ one, two and three. Then sign and date the bottom
- Contact your recycling hauler and send them the Report form
- Have your recycling hauler fill out the tonnage of the materials your business recycled on the second page. The hauler must sign and date the bottom of the first page. (If material recycled is less than one ton, round to the closest quarter of a ton.)
- Once completed, have your hauler mail or fax the form back to your establishment
- Submit the completed Annual Recycling Report to Scott Township by January 31st
Questions Regarding Refuse or Recycling Collection Call:Waste Management of PA at 1-800-866·4460.
To see all of the information Allegheny County makes available regarding recycling in the county, please click the Allegheny County Recycling Resource Directory