Waste Management Phone Number – 1-800-866-4460
Recyclables should be placed loose in a single container.
What Can Be Recycled:
Click here for information from Waste Management
Residents do not have to separate the plastics – Type 1 through 7, metals, glass and papers.
Acceptable Items Include:
- Metal: Meta food cans, aerosol cans (empty), aluminum foil and foil products (clean), beer and soft drink cans
- Plastic: Plastic baby wipe containers, bleach, detergent, household cleaner bottles, yogurt cups, food containers, margarine tubs, shampoo bottles
- Glass: Beverage bottles and food jars (clear, brown,amber and green)
- Paper: Paperboard boxes (cereal, tissue, shoes etc.),white office paper, computer paper, magazines, newspapers, advertising inserts, junk mail(including envelopes), catalogs, phone books, paperback books, coupons and receipts, paper bags and shopping bags(handles removed), corrugated, note: corrugated must be tied or bundled no longer than 14″ x 14″.
- Recyclables will be picked up every other week on your regular garbage pick·up day.
Scott Township Ordinance No. 1307-90 requires businesses to recycle the following items:
- Office Paper
- Corrugated Paper (cardboard)
- Aluminum Cans
- Leaf Waste (leaves, shrubbery, and similar materials)
If a holiday falls on Monday, pickup will be one day later, Tuesday. Observed holidays for 2017 are: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. If the holiday should fall on a weekend, your pickup day will not be affected.
Appliances Containing Refrigerant:
The contractor will collect such items as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, water coolers, etc.; however, the item must have a sticker certifying that refrigerant has been removed. If it does not have the sticker, it will not be picked up because it is unlawful for the contractor to dispose of these items containing refrigerant. To save refrigerant removal costs, it is suggested that residents have the company delivering the new appliance dispose of the old appliance.
Annual Recycling Report Form
- Fill out your establishment’s contact information and sections’ one, two and three. Then sign and date the bottom
- Contact your recycling hauler and send them the Report form
- Have your recycling hauler fill out the tonnage of the materials your business recycled on the second page. The hauler must sign and date the bottom of the first page. (If material recycled is less than one ton, round to the closest quarter of a ton.)
- Once completed, have your hauler mail or fax the form back to your establishment
- Submit the completed Annual Recycling Report to Scott Township by January 31st
For questions regarding the Report form or to request additional copies, call 412-276-5300.
Refuse or Recycling Collection Call:
Waste Management of PA at 1-800-866·4460.